With about 50 hours left until the Presidential Election, I can’t help but be one of the people to weigh in. On Twitter and and Facebook, my focus has been on Amendment 64 here in Colorado–The amendment that will legalize and regulate Marijuana like Alcohol. Although I would like to weigh in on the Romney versus Obama fight, it seems almost irrelevant. At this point it’s like trying to debate gun rights or abortion–you’re not going to convince anyone. But, with Amendment 64, I think we can educate the public on the truth about Cannabis:
1. Marijuana accounts for zero death per year. Period.
2. Cannabis–the plant that bears THC–was originally made illegal because the timber industry saw it as a threat.
3. In countries where Marijuana has been legalized, the use of the drug by children has not increased.
4. Legalizing marijuana will be a massive blow to the drug cartels in Mexico–who currently are leading a disgusting war for control that is crippling the country.
5. This is my personal opinion: The government’s main job is to protect us from each other…not to protect us from ourselves.
That being said, I am uploading an old paper I wrote for my Master’s Program in History. This paper deals with the Armenian Genocide and how Turkey has covered it up in the century that has followed. I’m mainly uploading this for a friend to read, but it is well worth the time. If you do not know about the Armenian Genocide, give this a look.